About Me -
I am a financial software engineer in midtown Manhattan. I grew up in Suffern, NY, went to college in Worcester Mass (WPI), and currently live in Ridgefield, CT.
My hobbies include (but are not limited to) Linux, C, playing bass guitar, and playing with my cats and kids. I also enjoy collecting and fixing computers and playing with networks.
About My CGI Engine -
The engine is custom written in C. It uses a sqlite3 backend and uses a number of templates & custom-made plug-ins to allow for customization. The engine is also used at my wife's jewelry site, her art site, and the Cromwell High School All-School-Reunion page.
The man2html.cgi is a simple wrapper for a pre-existing man2html program.
About My Computers -
Feel free to ask about more information about hardware/configuration/OS/etc.
- Minerva (Virgin Goddess of Wisdom/Imagination) - Early/Mid '10
- 512Mb Memory
- Mnemosyne II (Greek Goddess of Memory and Mother of Muses) - Synology DS209+ (NAS)
- 2x WD Caviar Green WD7500X, RAID1
- Muta (Personification of Silence) - Purchased mid '09
- Dell Latitude E6500 with 15.4" WUXGA Display (1920x1200)
- Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (2.66GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 6M L2 Cache)
- Intel GMA 4500MDD (Integrated graphics)
- 4Gb DDR2@800MHz
- 60GB SLC solid-state HD (primary)
- Removable 48GB FileMate SolidGO EC
- 8X DVD+/-RW
- On-board gigabit NIC, firewire, etc
- 802.11b/g & Bluetooth
- Internal webcam & mic, backlit keyboard
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64 w/ SP2, XP in VirtualBox VM
- <10W power with screen off, <25W power with screen at 80%
- Aurora (Goddess of Dawn) - Built late '06
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4GHz) Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (2.66GHz) with Zalman CNPS9500 aftermarket heatsink
4Gb 6Gb Corsair DDR2@800MHz
- Lite-on 16x Dual Layer DVDR/RW with LightScribe
- 80GB Intel X25-M SSD (primary/OS)
- 320GB SATA II WD Caviar HD (primary user partition)
- 1TB SATA II WD Caviar HD (secondary)
- Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 motherboard
- Dual on-board Marvell Yukon Gigabit ethernet
ATI Radeon X1900XT w/ 512MB GDDR3 EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 w/ 896MB GDDR3
- On-board 8.1 channel audio with optical out
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500
550W Antec True Power 620W Corsair CMPSU-620HX Rosewill CAPSTONE-650-M
- Gigabyte 3D Aurura case
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64 w/ SP2, XP in Virtual PC 2007 VM
- Neptune (Roman God of the Sea) - Built early '06
- Intel Pentium-M 1.73GHz with Speedstep down to 800MHz
- 2Gb DDR2@533MHz
Generic 16x DVDR/RW - removed for increased airflow
500GB SATA II WD Caviar HD - died a horrible death, replaced with 320GB SATA II WD Caviar SE1h6
- AOpen i915Gmm-HFS motherboard
- Dual on-board Marvell Yukon Gigabit ethernet
- Intel 915gm graphics chipset
- On-board 8.1 surround with optical out
- Antec Aria - small form factor case
- Bacchus (Roman God of Wine) - Received 03/05/2002
- Intel PIII 1.13GHz. Been known to run as low as 467MHz when not being used much to reduce heat. Wonderful...
- Maxed out with 512 MB DDRAM
- 8X/8X/8?X/32?X Toshiba DVD/CDR/RW
40Gb ATA-100? 5400 RPM Hitachi HD - died, replaced with 60GB ATA-6 7200RPM Hitachi Travelstar
- Internal 10/100 twisted pair ethernet
- 54MBps wireless ethernet
- 64MB ATI Radeon 7500 vid.
- ESS Maestro sound
- 15" UXGA display. Absolutely amazing...
- Running WinXP Pro, SP2
- Dual Lithium-ion batteries
- Morpheus (Greek God of Dreams) - Received mid 1999, retired 4/13/2008
- Intel PIII 500MHz (runs at 497.6MHz)
- 256MB ram
- 8XDVD, 4X/4X/32X CDR/RW
- 13Gb WesternDigital HD, 13.5GB Maxtor HD - both running at ATA66
- 1.6Gb WesternDigital HD - DOS 6.22 installed for fun. I'm thinking Win 3.11 - we'll see
- Dual 10/100 twisted pair 3com ethernet
- Voodoo3 2000? graphics
- Silly little Ensoniq AudioPCI card
- Linux, DOS, Win98SE *hasn't been booted to windows since summer '01
- Hypnos (Greek god of sleep) - My grandparents old machine. Moves along at it's own pace...
- Celeron 266MHz
- 64MB ram
- Unknown cd, 8Gb HD
- Onboard graphics, onboard sound
- Hephaestus (Greek god of the forge, art, and industrialization) - Adam's old machine, currently not in use
- Cyrix 266MHz (runs very slowly...)
- 32MB ram - may be defective chip because i bought it used for a very small price; this would explain why everything crashes on this machine
- 50X cd
- 4Gb HD
- On-board graphics
- On-board sound
- 14" Panasonic PanaSync C1591E monitor with some parts from a ViewSonic 15GS
- Runs 2.4.3 linux kernel
- Mnemosyne (Greek Goddess of Memory and Mother of Muses) - Tandy 1000 SX
- 4MHz 8086 processor with 8087 math co-processor
- 384KB ram
- 3 voice PC speaker
- Real 4Bit color (16 colors)
- 2 Squeaky old 5.25" floppy drives
- CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR HARD DRIVE...
- Well... I have a DOS 5.2 5.25" floppy I can boot to - but then I have no memory for applications...
- No-name - AppleIIe - still works!
- No-name - Zenith z100 - Broken disk-controller?
- No-name - Gateway 486 box - Never actually checked to see what's in it. Almost certainly doesn't work.
- Scrap-Metal - My first machine, used primarily for parts...
- Intel P75
- 48MB ram
- Some silly little graphics card - may some day be used as secondary display on Morpheus
- Silly little SB16 Soundcard
- Various other nameless machines, all makes & models